[Part1] Travel Back to the Fantastical Past via Korean Folk Show @ Joseon
The best cultural theme park in the nation, the Korean Folk Village is hosting the ‘2016 Welcome to Joseon’ Korean Folk Village Joseon Live Variety Festival from April 9 to June 12, 2016. The Korean Folk Village of Joseon, as an open-air folk museum is the most representative spring festival of the Korean Folk Village and particularly this year , new parades have been added, along with upgraded version of the ‘Fusion Madanggeuk: Birthday party of the Governor’ will be held. This place has been an attraction since 1974 for both international and local tourists.
With a record of one million views on their highlight act featuring the ‘flower beggar,’ ‘merchant’, ‘gisaeng,’ and new characters selected from the ‘Joseon Characters Audition 3,’ a total of 22 actors will be seen performing in the acts. According to Joseon dynasty as background, visitors have time to travel back into the fantastic folk ways a fantasy with interesting characters and real comedy acts.
Moreover, a variety of traditional and fun experiences including ‘Traditional Costume Experiences’, making of mapae (transportation card used in the Joseon era), hopa (identity card) and fragrance pouch are also available for all visitors regardless of age and gender.
04.09.06 ~ 06.12.2016
90, Minsokchon-ro, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 용인시 기흥구 민속촌로 90 (보라동)
Korean Folk Village in Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do
- 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- For more info: +82-31-288-0000, 2933
– Joseon Characters: Flower beggar, Evil Magistrate, Merchants, other characters with exuberant personalities (22 actors in total)
– Fusion Madanggeuk ‘Birthday party of Governor’
– Parade: It’s honored going of My Lord
– Various contests held by the Joseon people for guard warrior, “bangoe hwasa”, and for strongest farmhand.
– Dressing up to be Joseon characters
– Real Joseon Experience: Making of hopae (identity card), mapae (Joseon’s transportation card), fragrance pouch, traditional hanbok experience
– Joseon travel log stamp tour
– Face painting
– Traditional cultural experience of Joseon dynasty
Vary according to performances [Operating Hours]
May-September: Weekdays 09:30-18:30 / Weekends 09:30-19:00
October: Weekdays 09:30-18:00 / Weekends 09:30-18:30
November-January: Weekdays 09:30-17:30 / Weekends 09:30-18:00
February-April: Weekdays 09:30-18:00 / Weekends 09:30-18:30
– Adults: Individual 15,000 won / Group 12,000 won
– Students: Individual 12,000 won / Group 10,000 won
– Children: Individual 10,000 won/ Group 8,000 won
– Adults: Individual 24,000 won/ Group 18,000 won
– Students: Individual 19,000 won/ Group 16,000 won
– Children: Individual 17,000 won/ Group 14,000 won
* Children: Ages above 3 to Grade 6 of Elementary School Students
* Students: Middle / High School Students
* Seniors (Ages 65 or above) and people with disabilities are entitled to pricing policy for children.
* Group: 20 people of more (☎ Inquiries: +82-31 – 288 – 4000~2)
From Sinnonhyeon Station (Seoul Subway Line 9), take Bus No. 5001-1.
From Gangnam Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), take Bus No. 1560.
From Suwon Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), exit 5 and take Bus No. 37 or 10-5.
From Sanggal Station (Bundang Line), exit 2 and take Bus No. 37 or 10-5.
From Jukjeon Station (Bundang Line), take Bus No. 30 in front of Shinsegae Department Store.
Shuttle bus is available at Suwon Station and Sanggal Station.
For more information, please refer to official website:
or www.koreanfolk.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Visit Korea page
Stay in Korea / Private apartment, guesthouse & Hanok booking
Accommodations in Gyeonggi-do