1.Spinach side dish
Transfer to a bowl or plate and garnish with silgochu, if used Serve with rice.
2.Potato & soy sauce side dish
3.Green onion pancake
Ingredients (for 1 rectangular pancake about 6×7 inches)
Green onions, flour, water, soybean paste, sugar, and vegetable oil.
- Clean, wash, and drain a handful of wild green onions (or about 10 stalks of normal green onion).
- Cut them into 5 inch long pieces.
- Make batter by mixing ½ cup flour, ½ cup water, 1 ts soybean paste, and ½ ts sugar in a bowl. Mix well until the batter is smooth.
- Place a non-stick pan on the stove and heat it up.
- Add about 3 tbs vegetable oil to the heated pan.
- Put the green onion on the pan parallel to each other, in the shape of a rectangle.
- Pour the batter over the green onion evenly.
*tip: If you want some seafood (chopped squid, mussels or fresh oysters) in your pancake add it on top of the green onion before pouring the batter.
- While the pancake is being cooked, keep patting it, pressing it slightly, and keeping it in a nice shape with your spatula.
- A few minutes later, when the bottom of the pancake turns crispy and golden brown, turn it over.
- Cook a few more minutes until the bottom of the pancake turns crispy and golden brown again, and flip it or turn it over.
- Cook another minute and transfer it to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with sauce.
all contents are from:
Accommodation recommended in Seoul:
Stay in Korea / Private apartment, guesthouse & Hanok booking